Last summer, 2007, there was strange weather and there were floods all over England. The damage was still done in early August when I went to Adrian's to stay for a week. His house (well, he's moving in a few weeks) is a few doors down from the river, so his entire place was up on blocks so that the flooding wouldn't destroy all the belongings. By the time I arrived, the river had gone down a bit, but when it dropped, the following also happened:

I'm kind of sad that he's moving. I loved the location, but he says his new place is in an even better spot, so hopefully I'll get something picturesque out of it. I showed him this picture today and he was thrilled with it, so I guess I did a decent job! I bought my flight back to the UK today, so I thought I'd post this in honour of the motherland.

No comments:
Post a Comment